USA Toll Free: 1-866-536-6691

World's Largest Forum Dedicated To Lennox Comfort Products| Over 22,000 Posts!
| Helping Lennox Owners & Servicers Everyday!
Visit Our Lennox Parts Store

Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.

Lennox
 All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 Burner doesn't ignite sometimes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

denet

2 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  6:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1995 Lennox Value series gas heater and Air conditioner. Laterly, the burner doesn't ignite when it is off for a while. I had to cycle the thermostat power few time, then it will ignite, but still take few time. When the burner is running for a while, then it ignites right away the first time.

I had a service tech looked at it, he said that the circuit board is bad and needed to be replace to get rid of this problem.

My Lennox model is 80MGF4X-75A-5, serial# is 6396J15448.

Any suggestions? Thank you very much for your help.

MechAcc

1499 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  05:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First have the burners removed and thoroughly cleaned. Debris inside the burners especially in the area of the carry over wings become clogged with lint. The first burner or two may be lighting, but because the flame does not reach the end burner with the flame sensor the control board will cycle the burner system off. Has the draft been checked with an inclined manometer, electronic manometer, or magnehlic gauge. The draft pressure switch must first close for the circuit to start the igniter and open the gas valve. debris in the vent system can cause this problem. If the problem is the control also recommend that you also get the dual rod flame sensor kit if it has not already been installed. Helps eliminate nuisance lock outs from low flame sensor current. Product Name: Dual rod flame sensor upgrade kit, 62K5001

Gary Reecher, CM
HVAC Service Tech
Go to Top of Page

denet

2 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  09:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know where I can get a owners manual for my furnace? I called Lennoex and they no longer carry my manual.

Again, thank you for your help.

Lennox Value Series
Model# 80MGF4X-75-5
Go to Top of Page

MechAcc

1499 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  7:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to this site http://www.gogeisel.com/geiselonline/support/Lennox_Owner_Manuals.html

Gary Reecher, CM
HVAC Service Tech

Edited by - MechAcc on 01/12/2005 7:21:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

tooth1

1 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  06:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having a problem with my G23 series Lennox Furnace.
It works fine most of the time but every now and then it won't run when the thermostat tells it to. Turning the power off to the furnace for a second or two then back on again makes it run most of the times. I also saw a detailed solution in a different board.
http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/messages/243884.html
Do you agree with the solution? I know I cannot take care of it myself. So is it better to replace the IPIC. IF it has to be replaced what is it that needs to be ordered. My Lennox furnace details are Model No. G23Q5/6 -150 -2
Serial Number - 5896F 6500S

Any help would be aprreciated.

Thanks

lumts
Go to Top of Page

MechAcc

1499 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  07:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tooth1

I am having a problem with my G23 series Lennox Furnace.
It works fine most of the time but every now and then it won't run when the thermostat tells it to. Turning the power off to the furnace for a second or two then back on again makes it run most of the times. I also saw a detailed solution in a different board.
http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/messages/243884.html
Do you agree with the solution? I know I cannot take care of it myself. So is it better to replace the IPIC. IF it has to be replaced what is it that needs to be ordered. My Lennox furnace details are Model No. G23Q5/6 -150 -2
Serial Number - 5896F 6500S

Replace the control with the 53L90. Lennox has replaced the Johnson Control with one manufactured by Honeywell. It contains the ignition control, a new flame sensor and hardware to mount it. Bottom line on this is litigation. If I were to resolder the connections and the control then failed causing either minor or major damage as the last person working on it I would be responsible. The lawyers would ask how much training I had in repairing these controls, does the control manufacturer authorize such repairs, and on and on. It is just not worth it.

Any help would be aprreciated.

Thanks

lumts

Gary Reecher, CM
HVAC Service Tech

Edited by - MechAcc on 01/14/2005 07:24:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

scott1961

1 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  06:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have had a similar problem. I have a 1993 Lennox G20RE series furnace. One year after I got the furnace, my repairman had to replace the igniter control module with a new one. That unit has worked for about 11 years. But now, I am having problems with the furnace igniting intermittently. I would guess it is the igniter system. Someone mentioned a Honeywell unit. Could an amateur like myself replace the current igniter system with this new Honeywell unit? Thanks,

Scott
Go to Top of Page

Lauriea

1 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  10:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We also have a value series gas furnace that won't ignite. We have changed the igniters to the dual ignite. I was working but we constantly have to clean the igniters (even the new ones) and now it has stopped igniting all together. We have been told the mother board needs to be replaced. Can it be something else? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Laurie
Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5989 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  10:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laurie:

It could be the circuit board... but I would sure have them check the pressure switch on the induced draft blower before they order...that gets missed a lot.

Also, make sure you have a very good cabinet ground (earth ground) going to the furnace and that the ground wire is installed between the cabinet ground and the burner deck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers Community Forum © 2002-2018 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Please Choose Your Destination

Never Forget to Change Your Filter Again!
Get Your
FREE
Reminder
Account
We Can Send You an
Email Reminder!
Lennox

CozyParts.com, Inc. is an
Independent Lennox Dealer

Facebook Contact Google+
CozyParts - 2020 East Macarthur ST. Shawnee, OK 74804 | Phone: 1-866-536-6691