Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 Blower will not run at full speed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wallbanger33

2 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  12:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Lennox Merit G40UH-60D-135-07 furnace. The other day, in cooling mode, the blower fan stopped working. Then with a little coaxing, it would run, but at a very slow speed. I can get it to run with the thermostat set to "fan", but still at a slow speed. The motor/fan makes a loud humming noise and sounds like it is struggling to get up to speed. The SureLight controller board LED's flash slowly together at a consistent rate. Do I have a bad motor, controller board, or both? Any help would be appreciated.

Cozy.Support

5757 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  10:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have full voltage output from the circuit board from ACBcool to neutral while you have a call for cooling (fan switch turned to automatic), the issue will be with the motor, motor run capacitor, or the motor wiring, or motor bearings.

CozyParts.com, Inc. is an Independent Lennox Dealer providing a national parts distribution resource for Lennox parts since 2002. The Cozy.Support team does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below
http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/locator_form.aspx
Go to Top of Page

wallbanger33

2 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  12:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice.

Could you tell me which capacitor this particular furnace takes? Seems to be a huge variety to select from. I would like to try this first since it is a low cost item.
Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5757 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  8:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please use the link in the signature line below to contact the parts department. This is the best way to get the correct part number.

CozyParts.com, Inc. is an Independent Lennox Dealer providing a national parts distribution resource for Lennox parts since 2002. The Cozy.Support team does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below
http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/locator_form.aspx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000