Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 NOx Rods in G-25
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PRC

2 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  7:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I was told that five NOx rods in my Lennox G25MY3-75A1 need to be replaced. Do you have an idea of how long this should take (trying to calculate labor costs). Is this something that should be replaced immediately?
Thanks!

slctech

2085 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  08:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you live in California?

If you do not, have them pulled and they do not need to be replaced.

If you do, they are required. Should take no more than an hour to replace and perform a final tune up.

These are nothing but a simple mesh screen installed in the burner ports. They are not and integral part of the furnace performance. You will not have any performance issues. They are installed to help meet the crazy California air cleanliness guidelines. It is assumed that they break the flame down at its tip to lower the production of Nox emissions. Replace you may, will you have any ill issues with your furnace if you don't...no.

I am not an employee of CozyParts, I generously donate my time. The services here are free, with honest intention to assist, however, this site is not free to maintain. Please make the effort if you need a part or tool to purchase from CozyParts.com. This will ensure this wonderful forum remains for years to come!! As a Lennox Technician I feel basic repairs and maintenance can be performed by the homeowner. But I highly suggest that periodic maintenance should be made by a certified licensed technician. You should contact your local Lennox technician for any repairs or issues that are outside your comfort zone. Property damage, personal injury, and death can occur from improperly repaired or maintained systems. Replacing a part doesn't always resolve the issue that caused the part to fail!
Go to Top of Page

PRC

2 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  1:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot! What helpful information.

Yes, I am in California. When the tech came yesterday, he told me to order the Nox Rods from Lennox, and he could install them. However, when I called around to check on pricing from "official" Lennox repair shops, they quoted me $600-$900 ($75 for each rod) and urged me to consider a new furnace as mine is 16 years old. Seems like a lot for mesh screens that will not affect the furnace performance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000