Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 Furnace Filter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

melbutter4angel

3 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  10:33:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got a new home and I have a Lennox G1203-110-4 Furnace and I need to change the filter, the thermostat is blinking filter but I can not find the filter anywhere on the furnace. I also can not find an owners manual anywhere online for this furnace. Does anyone know where it is?

Monica

Cozy.Support

5708 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  11:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a lot of ways to provide filtration in a split system ducted furnace. The furnace itself was designed to have a filter in the blower compartment. If you do not find one there, it doesn't necessarily mean you do not have a filter. You need to follow the return ductwork looking for filter cabinets or inline filters of some sort. Eventually, if you do not find a filter in the duct, look at the return grills and see if there is filters there. At then end of the inspection, if you do not find a filter, you will need to install one, and the furnace return air compartment is probably the place you should install the filter. This particular model was provided with a wire hammock filter in the furnace blower compartment. If the wire hammock is missing, you will need to create your own way to provide filtration because the replacement wire hammock is no longer available.

CozyParts.com, Inc. is an Independent Lennox Dealer providing a national parts distribution resource for Lennox parts since 2002. The Cozy.Support team does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below
http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/locator_form.aspx
Go to Top of Page

melbutter4angel

3 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  11:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did find the basket and it has a filter wrapped around the outside of the basket. Is this the only filter that this model has? the previous owners left a pack of furnace filters with one already missing. Are those another filter that this furnace has that I can not locate? I am becoming very frustrated with this furnace. The thermostat is still blinking filter. Is this a really old furnace and should I consider replacing it?
For now I am just attempting to keep up the maintenance on this furnace and it concerns me witht he thermostat blinking filter and I am unable to locate the one that needs changed.

Monica
Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5708 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  11:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, the thermostat is most likely blinking because it is pre-programmed to notify you to change the filter after so many hours of fan operation. This really has nothing to do with the furnace is in no way should it fuel your frustration about the furnace.

Yes, the furnace is old and like any old furnace of any brand, it should be inspected prior to heating season to make sure it is safe to use. This is the kind of information you need to determine if the furnace needs to be replaced.

The filter that wraps around the hammock is sufficient to protect the furnace and the air conditioning. We have no way of knowing what the other filters that the previous owner are there for or if there is even any provisions to use them. Here again, there is a multitude of ways to install a furnace, and there is no way for us to tell you with any certainty if there is provisions to use the other filters.

If you are not able to inspect the installation and answer these questions for yourself, you definitely need to hire a professional to look at the system, check it for safety and explain the proper location for your filters.

Lastly, most thermostats need to be manually reset to turn off the filter reminder. You will need to read the instructions for the thermostat. There is hundreds of different brands of thermosats and hundreds of possibilites... they do not all operate the same.

CozyParts.com, Inc. is an Independent Lennox Dealer providing a national parts distribution resource for Lennox parts since 2002. The Cozy.Support team does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below
http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/locator_form.aspx
Go to Top of Page

melbutter4angel

3 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  1:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you

Monica
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000