Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing of Lennox Zoning Systems
 Versatrol Zoning system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dpmelody

2 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  1:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have experience with Versatrol zoning systems? We have one in our home that was installed before we moved in and it doesn't seem to work right. It is a 4 zone system and there are 2 Versatrol (U B7000) control units. I don't have any manuals for it. Does anyone happen to know where I could get a manual or information on wiring for the control unit?

slctech

2085 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  7:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never heard of this manufacturer. I did a very comprehensive web search and could not come up with anything...which is strange. Is there any other information on the controls, dampers, and thermostats.

What is it or isn't doing? When it comes to your system, what is the make and model of your furnace or airhandler?

The more information you can supply the better the chances we can help.

I doubt SHOE is still around, I know from an old post he made the comment he worked on these.

As a Lennox Technician I feel basic repairs and maintenance can be performed by the homeowner. But I highly suggest that periodic maintenance should be made by a certified licensed technician. You should contact your local Lennox technician for any repairs or issues that are outside your comfort zone. Property damage, personal injury, and death can occur from improperly repaired or maintained systems. Replacing a part doesn't always resolve the issue that caused the part to fail!
Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5739 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  9:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is amazing is that Google picked this thread up and had it available for web search within 2 hours of slctech's post. sclTech: we also so your post looking for info in the professional forums. Wondering if the spelling could be wrong?

Cozy.Support does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below
http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/locator_form.aspx

Go to Top of Page

slctech

2085 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  12:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am assuming the same thing. In all my years I have never heard of Versatrol.

As a Lennox Technician I feel basic repairs and maintenance can be performed by the homeowner. But I highly suggest that periodic maintenance should be made by a certified licensed technician. You should contact your local Lennox technician for any repairs or issues that are outside your comfort zone. Property damage, personal injury, and death can occur from improperly repaired or maintained systems. Replacing a part doesn't always resolve the issue that caused the part to fail!
Go to Top of Page

shoe

141 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  11:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Versatrol - now that brings back memories...

"Ahhh, linkages..."

If dpmelody reads this, I'll dig around to see if I can find anything. 7000 Series, I should have something. 700 series, MAYBE. Model 76 - hand-drawn from reverse engineered ( i.e. only readable by myself ).

Their wiring diagrams assumed that the user already had an intimate understanding of the systems ( grin ), and there *are no* user manuals.

"I doubt SHOE is still around, I know from an old post he made the comment he worked on these."

I'm back - 'tis the season...

-------------------------------------------

I am not affiliated with Cozy Parts or Lennox in any way.

The opinions I provide are my own. You have no idea whether or not I'm qualified to hold them. Use them at your own risk.
Go to Top of Page

gopherfan

1 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  1:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shoe, if you could share any information on that Versatrol zone controller, I would really appreciate it. I have a Versatrol PA77A that seems to be working okay. I am switching to newer thermostats, and I want to make sure that I get them wired in properly. Thanks for any help you can provide.

quote:
Originally posted by shoe

Versatrol - now that brings back memories...

"Ahhh, linkages..."

If dpmelody reads this, I'll dig around to see if I can find anything. 7000 Series, I should have something. 700 series, MAYBE. Model 76 - hand-drawn from reverse engineered ( i.e. only readable by myself ).

Their wiring diagrams assumed that the user already had an intimate understanding of the systems ( grin ), and there *are no* user manuals.

"I doubt SHOE is still around, I know from an old post he made the comment he worked on these."

I'm back - 'tis the season...

-------------------------------------------

I am not affiliated with Cozy Parts or Lennox in any way.

The opinions I provide are my own. You have no idea whether or not I'm qualified to hold them. Use them at your own risk.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000