Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 HM30-150 combustion failure, loud banging
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sfo_pete

3 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  12:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Furnace tries to fire up, but just get this loud popping noise that shakes the whole boiler, also sounds like the system is trying to pump out water through the condensation pipe at bottom of boiler. Technician just replaced the gas valve, same thing. Igniter and inducer replaced two months ago, as was the computer. Any ideas??? Code thrown is flame failure.

slctech

2086 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  4:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was the technician that came out a Lennox Dealer recognized technician? Lennox has wiped it's hands free of their whole line of Complete Heat units. They have stopped altogether selling replacement parts in reference to these units. I am surprised that the technician has not made you aware of the Complete Heat warranty and replacement program. I would hold off on any further repairs until you can become fully educated on the current issues surrounding your Complete Heat system.

As a Lennox Technician I feel basic repairs and maintenance can be performed by the homeowner. But I highly suggest that periodic maintenance should be made by a certified licensed technician. You should contact your local Lennox technician for any repairs or issues that are outside your comfort zone. Property damage, personal injury, and death can occur from improperly repaired or maintained systems. Replacing a part doesn't always resolve the issue that caused the part to fail!
Go to Top of Page

sfo_pete

3 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  7:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, last Nov I had the local Lennox dealer service, I had to replace the computer, the impeller, ignition coils, and inducer motor, the local guy was great. Because of all the troubles found when I researched this, I bought a home warranty through Fidleity home warranty, however they have no service agreement with the local local lennox dealer. I have given up on the Home warranty's service company after 10 days of no heat, they are useless and inly know how to replace parts, not a clue in diagnosing the problem! I have the lennox guys coming back tomorrow. My fear is that the problem might be a leaking heat exchanger, is this a possibility? I am crazy, but not crazy enough to service this beast!
Go to Top of Page

slctech

2086 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  7:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would strongly question the Lennox tech that arrives. Any major repair issues are being pushed through Lennox's warranty department. Hard to say what will happen. I just know that there are class action suits and legal issues going on country wide. Lennox is trying to do everything they can to assist homeowners that have Complete Heat issues by resolving each one on a one by one basis.

As a Lennox Technician I feel basic repairs and maintenance can be performed by the homeowner. But I highly suggest that periodic maintenance should be made by a certified licensed technician. You should contact your local Lennox technician for any repairs or issues that are outside your comfort zone. Property damage, personal injury, and death can occur from improperly repaired or maintained systems. Replacing a part doesn't always resolve the issue that caused the part to fail!
Go to Top of Page

sfo_pete

3 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  10:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lennox dealer came and went, it took him a whole 5 minutes to tell me the heat exchanger has a crack and is leaking water into the combustion chamber, so here we have another Complete Heat system that will make it's way to the scrap heap. System ignites, water in the chamber splashed up and kills the flame. My neighbors will soon be happy that the shot gun blasts emanating from my vent pipe will soon be history, of course I am sure it has kept the neighborhood crime down...

He suggested a Polaris system, and it looks like I am eligible for some $$ help from Lennox.

Go to Top of Page

klow717

9 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  6:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is only my opinion, but under no circumstances would I replace the complete heat system with a Lennox Complete Heat System (i.e. Polaris).
I had nothing but problems with my Polaris/Lennox system! I am afraid to leave home in winter for fear of having another heat system failure and coming home to frozen water pipes. And that after all the problems I had with the original Lennox Complete Heat system
I am waiting on a class action on the Lennox/Polaris to join into!
Go to Top of Page

Tapsman

3 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2013 :  3:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
read your previous post sfo pete, thanks for taking the time to help. I also have a Complete Heat; maybe one of the rare ones that made over 10 years (completely replaced once by Lennox). I have had igniter problems many times over the years. The last time, while I was without heat and waiting for service, I took off the blower, looked at the igniter, saw that it was fried, told the service company and they came and replaced it for $800. I have the same problem now. Can I safely install the igniter that I can buy for $60 myself, or should I bite the bullet again?
Go to Top of Page

Tapsman

3 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2013 :  2:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
read your previous post sfo pete, thanks for taking the time to help. I also have a Complete Heat; maybe one of the rare ones that made over 10 years (completely replaced once by Lennox). I have had igniter problems many times over the years. The last time, while I was without heat and waiting for service, I took off the blower, looked at the igniter, saw that it was fried, told the service company and they came and replaced it for $800. I have the same problem now. Can I safely install the igniter that I can buy for $60 myself, or should I bite the bullet again?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000