Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 Need 65K27 LP Kit for G26Q3-50-6
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kenwick

1 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  5:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have had an unused G26Q3-50-6 for a while now and would like to install it, but need the NG-LP conversion kit, PN 65K27 which is out of production at Lennox. Any suggestions on how to locate one would be much appreciated.

MechAcc

1499 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  11:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are a Lennox contractor you should be able to contact your distributor and be able to order the kit. Or should be able to contact another authorized Lennox contractor. Many times extra kits are in their stockpile for just such occasions should a furnace need conversion.

If you are not an hvac contractor or installer/service technician that is familiar with natural to propane conversion do this. Please for your safety and that of your family let someone experienced do this conversion. I run out of fingers counting the number of times that someone inexperienced did a propane conversion and that includes one Chicagoland contractor that had never done a propane conversion before but did one for a friend at their rural vacation home.

For one the G26 burner manifold gas pressure settings are entirely different than any other furnace 7-1/2 inch water column and you must have a proper gauge to set the pressure.

I am not an employee of CozyParts. The opinions that I post are my own.

Please have your furnace inspected annually by a qualified service technician. Have them test the undiluted combustion gases for proper combustion and carbon monoxide production.

Get a good Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Replace it according to manufacturers recommendations usually every 3-5 years. CO concerns are not just for the winter but 24-7. UL approved alarms alarm high. For a low level alarm do a search for CO Experts or NSI 3000 a low level CO monitor.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000