Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 Furnace wont light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

don1

2 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  11:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a lennox G8Q3-120E-9 furnace and we had a power outage recently went to use furnace and nothing. I have tried all resetting procedures as mentioned and all I hear is a little click but no flame. What could the problem be it like ther is no gas going to the burners.

Cozy.Support

5779 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  07:23:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you sure about that model number? Never seen it before and it's not listed in any of our info.

Cozy.Support does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below
http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/locator_form.aspx

Go to Top of Page

don1

2 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  4:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by don1

I have a lennox G8Q3-120E-9 furnace and we had a power outage recently went to use furnace and nothing. I have tried all resetting procedures as mentioned and all I hear is a little click but no flame. What could the problem be it like ther is no gas going to the burners.

Yes this is the correct model number. The furnace is approx 12 years old.
Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5779 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  11:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The G8 was just a standard stanging pilot furnace with a thermocouple for flame safety. Not really a lot to do if you followed the lighting instructions and then turned the valve from "pilot" to "on".

Cozy.Support does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below

Go to Top of Page

jkru911

2 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  9:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really a lot to do if you followed the lighting instructions and then turned the valve from "pilot" to "on".
? for cozy.support
i have one that is about 20 years old # g12rd2-55-3 froced air nat.gas pilot light is lit turn controllto 80 so it will start,
the fan comes on but it never lites up. could it be the on , off
and pilot lite switch be bad
Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5779 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  9:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jkru911:

Could be several things actually. I assume that you know for sure that the pilot burner is burning?

Go to Top of Page

jkru911

2 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  8:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could be several things actually. I assume that you know for sure that the pilot burner is burning?
yes the pilot burneris burning
Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5779 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  06:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure the valve is in the "ON" position and not in the "pilot" position. Also, if you have a VOM, check and see if you are getting 24 VAC to the gas valve's main terminals.

Go to Top of Page

MechAcc

1499 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  8:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
G8 only 12 years old? Don't think so. Check the serial number. The third and fourth digit is the year of manufacture.

I am not an employee of CozyParts. The opinions that I post are my own.

Please have your furnace inspected annually by a qualified service technician. Have them test the undiluted combustion gases for proper combustion and carbon monoxide production.

Get a good Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Replace it according to manufacturers recommendations usually every 3-5 years. CO concerns are not just for the winter but 24-7. UL approved alarms alarm high. For a low level alarm do a search for CO Experts or NSI 3000 a low level CO monitor.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000