Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 Lennox G1203-110 furnace Blower/relay
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scott43

5 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  6:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First let me say after searching the web for hours this is one of the best tech sites for lennox I have found!

ok. Here is my issue. Our house is cold and it takes a few hours to raise 3 degrees. Thankfully we have a gas fireplace that helps.

Now excuse the dumb questions guys sorry..My fan/blower will now stop running. I see the fins spinning but is that the Fan?? or the blower??

Once the house gets very warm it will shut off normally. However when the temperature falls below the settting of the thermostat it keeps running. I have a switch on the side of my furnace that if I flip..no problems..off it goes.. Now the reason the house is cold is it appears the blower/fan is NOT kicking into high when the furnace lights/ignites.

I read a few posts where I tried to turn the blower on manually from my thermostatfrom Auto to ON but all I hear is a loud "click" in the wiring box. So, I took off the cover and found what I know researched from your great site is a "relay" Yup.. that is right where the clicking is coming from when I switch it back and forth.

Right now the fan keeps going constantly.. When the burners ignite they stay on for approx 2-3 minutes then shut off..I assume because the temp switch is indicationg the desired temp. The top of the furnace gets red hot probably because the blower is not turning on..just the fan..

I read I can Jumper this somehow?? Also wanted your thoughts on if this is the relay that is causing this.

Thanks guys
Scott

Cozy.Support

5773 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  6:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You speak of the "blower" and the "fan" as two separate components. The unmodified factory version of this furnace only has one fan/blower to move air. I am wondering if you may be talking about a field installed vent fan in the furnace's vent piping system.

Can you expand on this?

The Cozy.Support team does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below
http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/locator_form.aspx
Go to Top of Page

Scott43

5 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  7:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for that. I guess the fan/blower are one in the same. I would assume then that the blower is spinning at a low rpm barely pusking air out of the vents and not kicking into high gear then.

I thought maybe I had a fan and a seperate blower from reading varius posts. sorry..

Hope that helps.
Scott

Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5773 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  7:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is there in your observations that make you think the fan is running slowly. Sorry for the detailed questions, but something tells me I need to go this way until I found out what you are working with.

The Cozy.Support team does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below
Go to Top of Page

Scott43

5 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  8:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Maybe it is running normally..

If I go by the air registers there is barely any air coming out of them. Also while than blower is running I do hear a Fluttering sound.

Secondly, how come I am getting a "clicking" sound when I try to switch the blower from auto to ON?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5773 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  8:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I suspect (but don't know for sure), that you have restricted air flow causing this unit to cycle on the limit switch. In addition, you may also have fan control issues.

You should check the temperature rise and make sure it is within the limits posted on the furnace's rating plate. Also, a good time to inspect the heat exchanger (professional inspection would be the best). If the furnace's temperature rise is not within specs, look for something that would restrict air flow... could be one or all of these... dirty filter, dirty blower wheel, motor turning the wrong direction, debris in the air conditioning coil (if applicable), restricted ductwork, closed grills. If you find issues, resolve them.

Last but not least, if your not able to get to the bottom of this quickly, get professional help.

Go to Top of Page

Scott43

5 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  8:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.

the house is now up to the set temp at 69 degrees and the furnace blower is off.. amazing.. I suspect since I am having trouble pushing air that the thermostat is NEVER getting up to the set amount therefore it keeps running.. would that make sense??

However the gas igniting for only 2-3 minutes then going out makes me wonder as well.

Blower motor is spotless. no dirt. We do have a few registers closed but wouldn't the air flow just bypass and go towards other parts of the house? Our main point in doing so.

Someone suggested that the fluttering sound I am hearing is a cracked heat exchanger and that will greatly prohibit air flow. Is that correct?
Go to Top of Page

Cozy.Support

5773 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  9:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A cracked heat exchanger can cause the limit control to open if the crack is near the limit switch. Of course, if this is your issue, the furnace need to be replaced, and if the crack is big enough to cause such a problem, you need to quit using the furnace until it is replaced.

Closed grills increase static pressure which decreases airflow. A grill or two usually wont cause issues on a properly designed system when everything is the way it is supposed to be.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000