Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 80MGF flame rollout switch open
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pratab

3 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  09:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my Lennox 80MGF gas furnace, the flame rollout switch opens within couple of minutes and never resets until I manually reset it. So when it is open the fan stays on (as it supposed to be) and soon the air becomes cold as the flame is off. I replaced the rollout switch but the new one also seems to be doing the same thing. If I bypass this rollout switch and operate with just one on the right, furnace seems to be functioning normally. Can someone help me identify the problem, please?

Thanks
pratab@yahoo.com

MechAcc

1499 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  05:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pratab If you are a homeowner the problem you describe may be caused a couple of things. One of them heat exchanger leaks. The manual reset on this limit is to help identify that this type problem exists. Recommend that you contact your local Lennox dealer and have the furnace inspected and tested for the cause.
Go to Top of Page

pratab

3 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  06:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply.

What kind of leak do you suspect? Is that a gas leak?

Go to Top of Page

MechAcc

1499 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  10:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heat exchanger leak allows air to be blown back into the heat exchanger causing the flame roll out switch to trip. Burner gas pressure too high. Restrictions in the vent system. These are things that a service tech can check for.

Gary Reecher, CM
HVAC Service Tech
Go to Top of Page

pratab

3 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  11:42:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your response.

When you mentioned Burner Gas Pressure, I recall that couple of years ago, I had a similar situation and the technician who cam over to fix it said that the Pressure switch is gone bad and he replaced it. Now that I am seeing this problem again, I an not sure if that technician fixed the problem then.

Also I should mention one more thing that came to my mind. This problem happens only on very cold days/nights.

I just want to make sure this problem gets fixed properly this time. So can you refer some technician in Kennesaw, GA?

Thanks
pratab@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

MechAcc

1499 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  8:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to the Lennox home page at http://www.lennox.com/default.asp and click on locating a dealer.

Gary Reecher, CM
HVAC Service Tech
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000