Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Heat Pumps
 Info on HP23-311-2P and CB19-31-2P
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SledDog

1 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  6:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for some info on these units...

Can someone confirm the both units are 2.5 tons? Also what is the max blower motor speed for the air handler. I can't read the dataplate on the motor.

I may be replacing this unit. I'm looking at a Payne PH13NR030 condenser and a Payne PF1MNC030. These are 2.5 ton units.

The A/C guy I'm working with says the Payne unit will replace the Lennox with no problem. The Lennox unit has what appears to be a double inverted A coil. The Payne unit has a slant coil and appears to have much less coil surface area.

Any info would be a big help.

slctech

2085 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  9:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both are rated at 2.5 tons. Maximum blower speed relates to the static pressure of your duct work. Could be a maximum of 1400cfm to as little as 765cfm.
I do not know much about Payne's newer equipment. I would strongly suggest that you inquire about a "Manual J" or any other ACCA approved heat load calculations to make sure that the "A/C guy" you are working with is properly sizing the equipment for your home and ductwork.

As a Lennox Technician I feel basic repairs and maintenance can be performed by the homeowner. But I highly suggest that periodic maintenance should be made by a certified licensed technician. You should contact your local Lennox technician for any repairs or issues that are outside your comfort zone. Property damage, personal injury, and death can occur from improperly repaired or maintained systems. Replacing a part doesn't always resolve the issue that caused the part to fail!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000