Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers.
Enter Our Parts Store | Forum Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Repairing and Servicing Lennox Products
 Repairing / Servicing Lennox Gas Furnaces
 furnace model g20q3e-75-2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hamnach

1 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2008 :  8:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a lennox whisper heat furnace model g20q3e-75-2 that won't fire the burners. The piolet goes on the blower goes on and then it all shuts off and I have to kill the power to the furnace to start it up again. After I do this 3-4 times the burner will fire but then I have to di it again when my hoouse gets cold.

hamnach

Cozy.Support

5757 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2008 :  8:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check for stable uninterrupted 24 VAC power to the ignition control. When the igniter is sparking, you should have 24 VAC going to the pilot valve section of the gas valve.

At this point, the ignition control will look for the minimum flame current before it will turn on the main valve. If it is not turning on the main valve, and you have no way to measure flame current, clean the flame sensor with steel wool.

You should not replace the ignition control until you check and make sure it is bad.

Cozy.Support does not provide a diagnosis for users of this forum. We do, however, try to provide information that will help servicers arrive at their own diagnosis.

Once you know what part you need, you can contact the Cozy parts department by using the link below
http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/locator_form.aspx
Go to Top of Page

MechAcc

1499 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  10:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pilot burner and flame sensor may need cleaning.

I am not an employee of CozyParts. The opinions that I post are my own.

Please have your furnace inspected annually by a qualified service technician. Have all of your fossil fuel appliances tested annually for carbon monoxide production by a professional.

Get a good Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Replace it according to manufacturers recommendations usually every 3-5 years. CO concerns are not just for the winter but 24-7. UL approved alarms alarm high. For a low level alarm do a search for CO Experts or NSI 3000 a low level CO monitor.

Edited by - MechAcc on 12/28/2008 10:41:26 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Service Forum for Lennox HVAC Owners and Servicers. © 2002-2013 CozyParts.com, Inc Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000